Thursday, August 29, 2024

More Promises

I've been getting lots of little peppers! They are cute, but a lot of work to eat, because each has to be cleaned. I've also had 4-5 more zucchini! Officially the best zucchini year ever! The outdoor cherry tomatoes are smaller than the plants inside, and less prolific. I did fertilize all the greenstalk veggies about a week ago, to keep them going.

Inside the crop cage,
with dead corn propping them up

But the big news is the big tomato plants have come back from their animal depredations and are full of green tomatoes! The ones in pots have a few tomatoes and more blooms. The ones in the crop cage a really big and have several tomatoes. I did patch the crop cage, but it's still vulnerable. We'll see if the critters feel a need to assault it. I'll definitely pick before ripeness, but they are solidly green now and its too early to pick them. I like to see them starting to change color before I pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment